Eldritch Mail-call-o'clulu



O, bitches, 'tis a happy day when I gets a parcel from Hippocampus Press!! The stunning volume is DAWNWARD SPIRE, LONELY HILL: THE LETTERS OF H. P. LOVECRAFT AND CLARK ASHTON SMITH. Great Yuggoth--799 pages!! I've been in a real CAS mood of late cos I am trying to begin writing a series of weird tales inspir'd by his fiction for a forthcoming collection. This volume of his correspondence with E'ch-Pi-El will surely assist me in that venture. Another volume of epistles, LETTERS TO C. L. MOORE AND OTHERS, also edited by David E. Schultz and S. T. Joshi, contains an appendix in which we find "Verse by C. L. Moore," "For H. P. Lovecraft" (poem) by Henry Kuttner, and "My Correspondence with H. P. Lovecraft" by Fritz Leiber. I am also super excited about reading ye new 4th volume of H. P. LOVECRAFT: COLLECTED FICTION--REVISIONS AND COLLABORATIONS--A VARIORUM EDITION!!!!!!! Among ye lesser items in this collection is "Fragment" by J. Vernon Shea, a fragment in Lovecraft's hand that was found among the J. Vernon Shea papers donated to John Hay Library in 1963. It warms my heart to see Vernon, who was one of my moft-beloved friends, represented in this series. He wou'd have been so proud.

Okay, I am too anxious to begin reading the HPL/CAS book. All plans for ye day are cancel'd...except for nameless dreaming...


Comments

Popular Posts